There are two simple keys to performing the duties of a volunteer. The first is to be physically able to complete all tasks required. Our volunteers may stand for long periods of time or may need to assist a patron in an emergency. And as you will see when you attend the training, we do a substantial amount of walking up and down stairs. It is vitally important for all volunteers to be physically prepared to perform all aspects of their assignments. The second key is a positive attitude! Simple! The volunteers are the face of OPAS and play a vital role in a patron's experience. We must be courteous and polite to all patrons under any and all circumstances
Traits required for all volunteers of OPAS include:
• At least 18 years of age
• Special interest and enthusiasm for the performing arts
• Demonstrates and enforces appropriate performance protocol
• Has a serious willingness to serve all patrons of the Rudder Theatre complex with care and respect
• Displays a high level of congeniality in greeting and seating performance guests
• Reflects a professional demeanor in the execution of all volunteer responsibilities
Interested persons should sign up here.
Or call Shanna Wright at 979-845-1661.
Do you have accessible seating in your venues?
Wheelchair spaces and companion seats are available in Rudder Theatre and Rudder Auditorium. Patrons may purchase these seats online, in person, or over the phone. In Rudder Auditorium, the wheelchair landing is located along the aisle on Row H. Wheelchair seating and companion seating are also available in the Director’s Boxes on the second floor. In Rudder Theatre, wheelchair spaces and companion seats are located on Row A in the front and on Row P in the back. BoxOffice.tamu.edu